Monday, September 28, 2026

Burrito Casserole


 (This recipe came from a  bunco friend and I used to make is when my family was still young)

1 dozen flour tortillas

1 (12 oz) can enchilada sauce

2 1/2  c. shredded colby/jack cheese

1 lb. ground beef

1 pkg. taco seasoning 

**Brown ground beef - add taco seasoning packet following instructions on packet - 

Add:

1 small can diced chilies 

1 c. stewed tomatoes ( I used diced)

32 oz. refried beans  

**Mix together well

Fill a flour tortilla with burrito mixture and sprinkle a little of the Colby/jack cheese on top and roll up like a burrito.  Put in 9x13 greased pan or you can spread a little enchilada sauce on bottom instead of greasing pan, then put burritos in pan.  Now pour the rest of enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

** I also sprinkle a small can of chopped olives on top, they add a nice flavor

*Bake uncovered at 350 F. for 35 min.

**My original recipe omitted the enchilada sauce, but I liked it better with it.  






No comments:

Post a Comment