Monday, September 28, 2026

Italian (hamburger) Steak Sandwiches

(This recipe came from a ward cookbook, I decided it was time to give it a try!  And it is a winner in my book!)

 1 lb. ground beef

1/2 medium bell pepper (chopped)

one bunch green onion or 1 small yellow onion (chopped)

1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced

salt

pepper, make sure you add more pepper if you like it with more

oregano 

onion salt- to taste 

garlic salt- to taste 

**can also add 2 to 3 oz. of cream cheese (at the end)

Kaiser rolls or hamburger rolls (I used my sourdough hamburger buns)

sliced tomatoes (for top)

sliced provolone cheese (for top), * I have substituted mozzarella cheese before

**I have used a small amount of Italian seasoning instead of oregano 

*** Brown the ground beef, add green pepper, onion and cook until soft, then add the mushrooms until they are soft, add spices, then the cream cheese if using it.

put on bottom of the bun and place a slice of tomato on top and then a slice of cheese and put under the broiler until cheese melts, add the top bun on and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment