Monday, September 28, 2026

Cucumber Tomato Salad











(This recipe came from the internet: All Recipes, I made it with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and onions from the garden and I will say, this is my new favorite thing to make in the late summer/early fall, it reminds me of the one my roommate's German mother would make for us when we would come and visit her in Brigham City, we couldn't get enough of it!)

 1 c. water

1/2 c. white vinegar

1/4 c. white sugar

1/4 c. oil ( I used Avocado)

1 tsp. salt, or to taste

1 tsp. freshly ground pepper, or to taste

**I think I would try a little dill with this next time**

3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick

3 tomatoes, cut into wedges or can slice them

1 yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings

** 

Whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth

next add: cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions; stir to coat,

then cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours for best flavor results

**Serve!  this makes a lot of juice but it's oh sooo good!  




No comments:

Post a Comment